Natural or synthetic?
On this occasion, we will take a walk through the roll-up concealment section for fences and enclosures in gardens and terraces.
There is a wide variety of products available at our shop to cover or clad the typical simple twisted fences, electrowelded fences or forged fences. You can choose between natural, synthetic or PVC materials.
We are going to go through them one by one in this article so you can get to know them in depth and have an orientation on which one would fit best with what you are looking for.
Among the natural enclosures in rolls, the most prominent or popular would be heather, wicker, reeds, bamboo, woven fern or woven pine bark.
- Heather: Heather is usually the most popular choice for cladding an enclosure and there are several types; from less dense to more dense, there are also combined with wicker or geotextile mesh in between to offer a degree of concealment of 100%. Heather offers a rustic and natural finish to the garden or terrace. Some drawbacks of this type of material is that insects usually like to nest in them, can catch fire easily so we must be careful when barbecuing.
- Wicker: Wicker is woven from fibres or branches of trees of the willow family. It is usually presented in roll formats to choose from various heights and widths like the rest of the enclosures in rolls. This fabric of rods is usually a classic in the garden or terrace for decorative purposes. To provide greater concealment, it will be necessary to place a mesh on the back and leave some of the sides hidden. Some people make a "sandwich" placing wicker - mesh - wicker so that this material can be seen from both sides, the one facing the street and the one facing the garden or terrace.
- Canizo: The small vegetable reeds that form the reed fabric for concealment, offer a light-coloured concealment in our enclosures. It is very common to see in beach areas and offers a high degree of concealment. Its price is very economical and is available in various sizes. On the other hand, we should mention that it is somewhat fragile and brittle so you have to be careful when placing it and it is not recommended in areas with very strong winds.
- Bamboo: Its tropical origin from the Asian region, bamboo has "slipped" among the various materials for decorating and cladding fences and enclosures. Its degree of concealment is very low and it is usually used for purely decorative purposes. We can see it in screens, in railings of terraces or swimming pools, in terraces of restaurants or in other rooms.
- Tissue fern: As with bamboo, the woven fern roll offers a coating composed of rods of these fibers or tropical branches to decorate fences, fences or railings. Its varnished appearance offers warmth and rustic finish not only to fences, but also to walls or floral decorations. Its degree of concealment is low, so a rear mesh should be placed to achieve greater concealment.
- Woven Pine Bark: One of the novelties of recent times when we refer to the concealment of fences and enclosures. The pine bark rolls usually go very well from the ground or on walls covered with natural stones of slate or moss. Their degree of concealment is high although there may be small openings between the strips.
- PVC pipes: The PVC reed version has a select variety of formats and colours for modern and sustainable types of concealment. PVC offers greater durability and colours in line with modern architectural trends.
- Wicker LOP: Recycled wood shavings combined with PVC shavings, this composite is one of the most environmentally friendly materials when it comes to rolls for concealing fences and enclosures. Coming from natural recycled materials and plastic, it becomes an ecological, sustainable and modern product. Its degree of concealment is medium so it is recommended to complement it with a concealment mesh if you are looking for total concealment.
- Artificial Hedges: These imitate climbing plants or hedges of conifers and other types of plants. They are mostly made of polyethylene and come in various formats of height and width or length. They are ideal for shady areas.
- PVC lattices: Both the PVC jalousies and the LOP jalousies are one of the most elegant proposals for hiding, covering or decorating gardens and terraces. Their versatility makes them a safe bet when there are doubts in a certain space. Available in various colours and formats in our virtual shop.
Available in various colours and weights, the concealing meshes can be worn alone or as a complement to the natural or synthetic fabrics we have listed above. The greater the weight per m2, the greater the density of the fabric and the degree of concealment will be higher. Those of lesser weight are usually used mainly as a shade.
Remember to visit our virtual store where we have super prices for fences and enclosures,
Of course, the full width image can be really big. But sometimes the image is the important thing.